[RH]-CLAN
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeGallerySearchRegisterLatest imagesLog in

CryEngine2/Crysis Level Editor Video

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
»XCiTE°Maiden«
Novel Writer
Novel Writer
»XCiTE°Maiden«

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2006-02-01

CryEngine2/Crysis Level Editor Video Empty
PostSubject: CryEngine2/Crysis Level Editor Video   CryEngine2/Crysis Level Editor Video EmptyTue 13 Mar - 15:41

Here is a special something for all you mappers, the first look at the CryEngine2 Level Editor, and ... O M G !!!
A mappers wet dream come true Wink

Should be the top movie on the site, it's posted today.
Back to top Go down
[RAGE]® FreakyFighter
Dictionnary Writer
Dictionnary Writer
[RAGE]® FreakyFighter

Number of posts : 1232
Registration date : 2006-05-02

test:
CryEngine2/Crysis Level Editor Video Left_bar_bleue30/100CryEngine2/Crysis Level Editor Video Empty_bar_bleue  (30/100)

PostSubject: Re: CryEngine2/Crysis Level Editor Video   CryEngine2/Crysis Level Editor Video EmptyWed 14 Mar - 1:57

Sounds like great stuff! Shame I can't make maps. I can hardly remember my name at times. lol
Back to top Go down
http://ragegamers.net/
»XCiTE°Maiden«
Novel Writer
Novel Writer
»XCiTE°Maiden«

PostSubject: Re: CryEngine2/Crysis Level Editor Video   CryEngine2/Crysis Level Editor Video EmptyThu 15 Mar - 13:27

Well Freaky, yes that is what you call yourself, yeye laughing2 with this editor that might change, it seems to me like they made even more user friendly than anything else out there, so ...
Back to top Go down
[RH]NeiMAD
Admin
Admin
[RH]NeiMAD

Number of posts : 2200
Registration date : 2005-10-26

test:
CryEngine2/Crysis Level Editor Video Left_bar_bleue50/100CryEngine2/Crysis Level Editor Video Empty_bar_bleue  (50/100)

PostSubject: Re: CryEngine2/Crysis Level Editor Video   CryEngine2/Crysis Level Editor Video EmptyThu 15 Mar - 18:17

Indeed, it looks very powerful Shocked
But are as free as in any other editor ? Can you create exactly what you what ? Is it as accurate as the other editors (with 2D views) ?

It looks like it's a version for the XBOX, very user friendly, and fast to make maps yeye
Back to top Go down
https://rhclan.bbactif.com
[RAGE]® FreakyFighter
Dictionnary Writer
Dictionnary Writer
[RAGE]® FreakyFighter

test:
CryEngine2/Crysis Level Editor Video Left_bar_bleue30/100CryEngine2/Crysis Level Editor Video Empty_bar_bleue  (30/100)

PostSubject: Re: CryEngine2/Crysis Level Editor Video   CryEngine2/Crysis Level Editor Video EmptyThu 15 Mar - 23:56

In the new UT3, their mapping program is suppose to be better than the last one. I read an article in Windows Games Magazine about the game itself plus what the editor does. Sounds really impressive.

I wonder if my son would like to try it out? He seems to be the type to be patient enough to try this.
Back to top Go down
»XCiTE°Maiden«
Novel Writer
Novel Writer
»XCiTE°Maiden«

PostSubject: Re: CryEngine2/Crysis Level Editor Video   CryEngine2/Crysis Level Editor Video EmptyFri 16 Mar - 3:05

Well first of all, for now it's for PC only, so definetly NOT! an xbox version.

The way the Sandbox Editor works is a little different than, say the Unreal Editor, in Sandbox Editor you are actually in the game when you are working, that's why he can just drop the player in there, you could do the same in the first Sandbox Editor for FarCry, so it's much easier to see the changes you make first hand, if the scale of a mountain is right, the terrain is to rough or a building is too big, without having to first start the game up, then close it down again to get back in the editor mode, like you have to in Pariah/UT, it just save soooo much time.

And yes you can make anything you can dream of, I would think you can make your own static meshes in 3D Max or Maya and import them just like you can in UT, and the terrain tool is basicly the same as in the Unreal Editor, but the ability to "dig" out a tunnel blew me away, in UT/Pariah you had to create a pretty big static mesh to make something like that, which would mean you had to know how 3D Max or Maya works, and now you can do it in 5 seconds Shocked ... amazing, simply amazing, only your imagination seems to set the limit with this editor, yeye not to mention the time you save when building a map.

And the lighting, as long as you are outdoors you don't even have to think about setting lights in the map, the editor will do that for you in real time, as you saw in the video, that was something that could just take forever to get right in the Unreal Editor, you had to rebuild the map every time you changed a light or moved it's position to see how the light looked now, so another big time saver.

Well as you might have noticed I could go on and on, so I'll stop now before my fingers start to burn, lauging1 let's just say I can hardly wait to get my hands on this baby. yeye
Back to top Go down
[RAGE]® FreakyFighter
Dictionnary Writer
Dictionnary Writer
[RAGE]® FreakyFighter

test:

PostSubject: Re: CryEngine2/Crysis Level Editor Video   CryEngine2/Crysis Level Editor Video EmptyFri 16 Mar - 3:56

Shocked

cheers OK. Who's making me some more maps to host? lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CryEngine2/Crysis Level Editor Video   CryEngine2/Crysis Level Editor Video Empty

Back to top Go down

CryEngine2/Crysis Level Editor Video
Page 1 of 1