[RH]-CLAN
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeGallerySearchRegisterLatest imagesLog in

CTF - RockyMountains

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
[RH]NeiMAD
Admin
Admin
[RH]NeiMAD

Number of posts : 2200
Registration date : 2005-10-26

test:
CTF - RockyMountains Left_bar_bleue50/100CTF - RockyMountains Empty_bar_bleue  (50/100)

CTF - RockyMountains Empty
PostSubject: CTF - RockyMountains   CTF - RockyMountains EmptyMon 22 May - 3:23

Ok, you can drop here some bugs you noticed or your opinion on the map gni
Back to top Go down
https://rhclan.bbactif.com
[RH]NeiMAD
Admin
Admin
[RH]NeiMAD

test:
CTF - RockyMountains Left_bar_bleue50/100CTF - RockyMountains Empty_bar_bleue  (50/100)

PostSubject: Re: CTF - RockyMountains   CTF - RockyMountains EmptyMon 22 May - 17:18

I m running a server with the map. Tell me if the server is lagging ... We'll try something else ... Coz it seems that my connection isn't good today blood . I hope the computer will be abble to host well with at least 3 ppl in it laughing2

I have already noticed something : We i run the server as dedicated, the weapons in red base are not lined up on the wall and the big machine guns are pointing in the wrong direction surprised hm . I'll try to find out why (any body has an idea ? or its just another pariah bug crazy )

[EDIT] : k, i run server with no bots cause they take too much server ressources and there is lags ... There might be too many pathnode, i'll check that.
Back to top Go down
[A.R.]Ba

PostSubject: How big is this map?   CTF - RockyMountains EmptyMon 22 May - 20:34

I will be hosting it this evening on a BadenSoft.net server as a "casual rotation" so players wil see the message of the day and DL it from badensoft and p[lay as if it came with the game.......BUT! why would it cause so much lagg that ONLY 3 ppl play fine without lag? I amd going to host it same as normal with bots on a 16 man server. what do you think will happen? the sky wont fall will it?
Back to top Go down
[RH]NeiMAD
Admin
Admin
[RH]NeiMAD

test:

PostSubject: Re: CTF - RockyMountains   CTF - RockyMountains EmptyMon 22 May - 23:12

Hi dude ! Thx for the hosting thumbup
When i tested it earlier, without bots it worked fine, but when i added bots, the cpu went crazy surprised ... Too much calculation. Thats why i think there are too many pathnodes for the bots. But i might be wrong because i don't know if the bots have a complete map of all the pathnodes or if they know a local area. I know that when they don't find a node, they walk randomly until they find another one. But the test is simple : to remove all pathnode and add bots. We'll try this. And by the way, bots are ok with a normal server (not dedicated). I could put 20 bots without causing lags or any problems.
But im disappointed, coz i always tested the map with a non dedicated server. and now, that i run a dedicated, i see that ammo crates, big machine guns and weapons are not in the position i set in the big editor sad2 . Maybe you know why ? Another thing, there are breakable pillars in the map. But with a dedicated server, when i break it, there is no animation (no dust, it doesnt fall appart). It just change instantly from a normal pillar to a broken pillar. That's what we'll have to figure out.
Do you know if i have to set up something particular in options of the dedicated server. Cause all these problems (bots, amo crates in wrong position, big machine guns in wrong position and guns in wrong position) occur when i run a dedicated server crazy
In conclusion, it was a good idea to announce it as a beta version lol ! proud . Next time, i'll do more tests with a dedicated server. I thought normal and dedicated would run the same way ... blood
Back to top Go down
[RH]HanHarr
Dictionnary Writer
Dictionnary Writer
[RH]HanHarr

Number of posts : 712
Registration date : 2005-10-27

PostSubject: Re: CTF - RockyMountains   CTF - RockyMountains EmptyTue 23 May - 21:15

Hey yall

Map looks good...good enough crack some nice skulls ninja blood
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CTF - RockyMountains   CTF - RockyMountains EmptyFri 26 May - 6:26

Hey guys great job on the map its really killer .....

But I have noticed a problem in the map it's self ,& I can fix it if u like me to I've made several maps n the Pariah Ed before ,If u guys want to discuss w/me what the problem is u can contact me & I'll be glad to help! u can reach me on Yahoo IM @ shadowmann_113@yahoo.com....

The map needs a little optimizing ,doing that is'nt hard ,but there r several ways to optimize a map ,if u would like my help I'd be glad to show u what I mean ,this does'nt mean that the map is bad in fact it out does me & wiseowl's Canyonwasteland !

PhycickKiLLeR36
Back to top Go down
[RH]NeiMAD
Admin
Admin
[RH]NeiMAD

test:

PostSubject: Re: CTF - RockyMountains   CTF - RockyMountains EmptyFri 26 May - 16:48

hi dude, thx for the offer ! im interested indeed, it is always good to have lots of opinions and suggestions on maps thumbup
But, for the moment, im have exams to take (had one this morning). I have no time for pariah or any game sad2 . But right after, i'll be abble to get back into it. As a summary, for now, i have two main points of interest : why some stuff (amo crate, big machine gun, etc.) point the wrong direction in a dedicated server (while everything is ok in a normal server tho), and is the path created by the pathnode and roadpathnode is ok. But we'll look at this later and we'll check that optimization yeye . Btw, if you threw an eye on the map, what do you think of the bot pathing ? Too much pathnode ? Not well placed ? too close from each other ? Too far from each other ? too close from rocks or walls or hills or edge ?
Back to top Go down
PhycickKiLLeR36
Essay Writer
Essay Writer
PhycickKiLLeR36

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2006-05-23

PostSubject: Re: CTF - RockyMountains   CTF - RockyMountains EmptyFri 26 May - 20:24

Hey yea sure I can look @ everything for u,& I can fix it as well if u don't have the time ,I knoticed u have alot of dynamic entities in the map that will cause lag also I can fix those by making them all static except for a few ones ,like example NO#1 ...All the barrels u have in the map those ones silver w/blue band around them they move when u shoot them & (or) when sumthing explodes near them that will cause lag

NO#2 I'll see how many exploding barrels there r to if too many i can take out some

NO#3 On 1 wall in the game there r all the weapons that u can choose ,just walk up to the wall & pick one I also saw many more lying around u could pick up,why not just take them all out except those on that 1 wall & make those static so they can't be picked up, & just let a player chose his normal loadout when he starts the map????

All these things I mentioned I can fix in a days time that is if u don't mind ?? & the map will run much much smoother on any server hopefully w/only minimal server lag instaed of Map/Server Lag combined...

That would be the goal of mine keep the look & feel of the map but optimize it for maximum frag smoothness !!!!! the smoother u frag the faster u kill ..lol..Just let me know.

Thanks
A Mapping & Gaming Freind

PhycickKiLLeR36
Back to top Go down
[RH]NeiMAD
Admin
Admin
[RH]NeiMAD

test:

PostSubject: Re: CTF - RockyMountains   CTF - RockyMountains EmptySat 27 May - 15:25

Ha, you are sure dynamic entites can cause a lot of lag ? Coz its cool to have such effects in a multiplayer map. Btw, if it can help to lower the lags in the map with bots, we can remove some of them. For example, there are blue barrels in the second floor of the tower near the blue base. It's not a place where people often go (btw there are weapons to pick up there). If you want, you can give it a try : remove all these dynamic entities and see what happens. There are breakable protections at red base and breakable pillars under blue base. Then run a server with 10 bots and play for five minutes, to be sure the lags should have begun.
about the weapons. We put all of them, so the player can choose his own weapon class. for example, i know that some people would have liked to have a class with sniper and bulldog. The whole set of weapons is available at red base (hung on a wall in the building behind) and at blue base (on the second floor of the tower close to blue base). Of course, if all this cause so much lag (but then ... why ?), we'll remove them. But it would be cool to keep this feature Very Happy
You can make this test to check if the lag problem occurs because of these dynamic entities. thumbup
Back to top Go down
PhycickKiLLeR36
Essay Writer
Essay Writer
PhycickKiLLeR36

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2006-05-23

PostSubject: Re: CTF - RockyMountains   CTF - RockyMountains EmptySun 28 May - 5:11

Ok well I can tell u now that I've studied training vids or VTM's for the Unreal Editor 3.0 ( Unreal 2004,Pariah & future Warpath) The FarCry Editor ,The Doom 3 Editor & the small but not well know FPSC or First Person Shooter Creator & all warn of putting n to many Dynamic Entities...

Bot Pathing & too many of them could be a factor I'm not really sure on that 1 but Dynamic Entities take up a process to run which commonly means if u shoot 4 moving barrels & they all perform different movements w/in seconds of being shot those movements & all other movements must be transferred from the server to the players pc & back to the server,too many of those actions cause what is known as Map Lag & we all know Servers lag in general sometimes & that could be from any given number of reasons..As I stated Your map is well executed ,fun to play & a beauty to behold....

I will try out what I suggested & send u the map when I get sum spare time ,most likely on my day off from work..If u don't like it don't keep it as I stated I'm only trying to help ....

Thank U
PhycicKiLLeR36
Back to top Go down
[RH]NeiMAD
Admin
Admin
[RH]NeiMAD

test:

PostSubject: Re: CTF - RockyMountains   CTF - RockyMountains EmptySun 28 May - 14:13

Hi, i think ive found out what was the problem. as i said on this topic with zeracore :

[RH]NeiMAD wrote:
I made a test earlier. I check what happens when i broken pillars, fired on explosive barrels, pushed blue barrel to make them roll, etc. But nothing particular to notice. No lags ... Then i went in the editor, i checked the map, and i remove some pathnodes and the vehicles. And you know what ? No more lag dude Very Happy . However, i had a bit of lag when there is fight at red base. And i think that the cause is the amount of pathnode. I checked official maps such as recoil, survivor (big map), and the space between pathnode is far bigger. That means that i will remove some pathnodes at both bases. Between the two bases, the paths are ok. That's cool, it means that we will be abble to keep the dynamic sutff if we want Razz

now, with bots, the ping is ok. But sometimes, it grows a bit when there are fights at a base (where the concentration of pathnode is higher than other areas). So, next thing to do : remove some pathnodes at each bases and check out that there are no more lags. Never ! lol
Back to top Go down
Badenhop

PostSubject: Its me...dont mind the name   CTF - RockyMountains EmptyMon 5 Jun - 20:57

Just checking in with BOTH RH and Phykickiller36. Any new developments on this map? I really like it and wish that I oculd host it in as a naturla rotation on the server cycle soon!

Keep me posted either in email or this forum.
Back to top Go down
[RH]NeiMAD
Admin
Admin
[RH]NeiMAD

test:

PostSubject: Re: CTF - RockyMountains   CTF - RockyMountains EmptyTue 6 Jun - 2:43

hi,
for the moment we have exams, so we don't have much time for mapping. By the end of the week, i may have enough time to correct some bugs (including the lag bug). all bugs noticed so far are written on paper. I might be abble to release a beta2 version of the map that will be playable online with bots, people and no lags
Back to top Go down
BadenBad

PostSubject: Re: CTF - RockyMountains   CTF - RockyMountains EmptyThu 8 Jun - 17:19

Well defiantely keep me posted. btw, HOW DO I GET MY PASSWORD BACK? I think I lsot it....but I am not sure, I mauy try some others that it could have been.....otherwise I will have to keep changing my name rofl.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CTF - RockyMountains   CTF - RockyMountains Empty

Back to top Go down

CTF - RockyMountains
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
[RH]-CLAN :: [Pariah - Files] :: Maps-
Jump to: